Hi FRIENDS,

I've been trying to remind myself a lot why do I pray. This question remained a mystery to me especially when I thought if I know the fact that before I even utter my prayers, especially my petitions, He already knows it. So what is prayer for? Why bother kneeling down before Him and ask Him for something He will freely give anyway?

I stumbled upon this song (it's in Chinese) and I felt that the simplicity of the lyrics speaks of why do we pray. Prayer creates hope and hope is admitting our limitations and believing in God's capacity to grant them according to His Holy Will. In this sense, hope is faith.

I believe that power of prayer lies primarily in GOD and we're merely partakers and witnesses of this divine privilege, but nothing beats us as a group experiencing God together through this spiritual edification. Let's spur each other on as we go through this season of 40 days of fasting and praying, Amen??

For the benefit of those who do not understand Chinese, I've got the translation of the lyrics attached. so, here's the whole package:

For your listening pleasure:

For your understanding:



祷告/ I Pray

祷告,因为我渺小

I pray because I am small and limited

祷告,因为我知道我需要

I pray because I know I need

明�t你心意对我重要

To understand the importance of Your will

祷告,以假装不了

I pray because I can no longer pretend

祷告,因为你的爱我需要

I pray because Your love is all I need

你关怀,我走过你都明白

You care and understand all that I have been through

有些事我只想要对你说

There are some things that I can only tell you

因你比任何人都爱我

Because you love me more than anyone else

痛苦从眼中流下

Tears of pain flow from my eyes

我知道你为我擦

I know You wipe them for me

在早晨我也要来对你说

Each new morning I still want to tell You

主耶稣,我今天为你活

Lord Jesus, I live for You today

所需要的力量,你天天赐给我

You grant me each day, all the strength that I need

你恩典够我用

Your grace is sufficient for me



May this song minister to you, too :)


Be blessed and see you all soon.



Your prayer partner in-Christ,

--

Miranda